Find Your New Home
Who is CRMC?
Community Resource Management Company (CRMC) is one of the most respected property rental companies in East Lansing. We specialize in off-campus student rental housing in the City of East Lansing for MSU, LCC, and Cooley Law School students. From apartments to houses in all price ranges, CRMC has the perfect place for your off campus life!
From the start of your housing search to the day you move into your new home and beyond, CRMC’s attention to its student residents is clear. At your lease signing we will explain in detail every aspect of renting from CRMC. We will also carefully illustrate what you can expect from us, what we expect from you, and what the City of East Lansing expects from both of us. CRMC regularly communicates with its residents to help insure these expectations are met and your stay with us is enjoyable and stress free. CRMC’s maintenance staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to any maintenance requests that may arise. It is this level of care that makes us the most responsive student rental housing companies in East Lansing.
Follow these 6 EASY steps!
- Review our Housing List and/or check our website for property information and availability. Make a list of all the houses or apartments you might be interested in renting. (Please note the lease start dates, which are either MAY or AUGUST.) Take an afternoon and start knocking on doors!! You may ask the current residents to show you their home – this is how they were able to see the property when they were looking to lease last year, so they are familiar with the process and are usually very accommodating. Please be courteous to our residents, as this is their home.
- Each member of your group must fill out a rental application (available online or in our office).
- Add your Top Three housing choices at the bottom of each rental application. We do, however, recommend having a list of 5-6 properties you have looked at and would be interested in just in case your first choice is not available. (Use the back of the application to add more properties.)
- Drop off a complete set of rental applications for your ENTIRE GROUP at our office.
- There is a $50 Application Fee per applicant due when you submit your application. This fee will be refunded if applications are not approved or if your choice properties are no longer available.
- CRMC reviews all Rental Applications. If your group is approved:
- You will receive an email from CRMC letting you know your applications have been approved!!
- CRMC requires 1 month of rent upfront to officially take the property off the market and secure it for your group. This payment is due within 3 days of receiving your approval email.
- Schedule an appointment to sign your lease. Be sure to talk to your roommates so you have an idea of a day and time that will work for everyone in the group. Time slots fill up FAST!! Should the above conditions not be met within 3 days, the property may be offered to the next interested party. The monies paid will be applied to your lease and will cover (1) month of rent. If you fail to sign the lease, the monies paid will be forfeited.
It’s that easy!
We know how important location is to you. CRMC has over 400 rental options located right on the doorstep or just a short distance from MSU campus!
CRMC’s newest apartments are right in the heart of prime student housing – making getting to class a breeze. They are designed specifically for student living with fantastic features you won’t find anywhere else:
Private bedrooms and multiple bathrooms
Balconies and patios
Central air conditioning
Spacious living room and kitchen
Easy-cleaning flat-top ranges and new appliances
The BEST LOCATION in East Lansing!
Along with our newest buildings, we also offer the widest variety of apartments in East Lansing. From the Chalet, which offers a superb location and people-friendly atmosphere, to quaint studios on Michigan Avenue, directly across from campus. Whether you need a one, two, three or four bedroom apartment, CRMC has the right place at the right price! Stop in today to learn more about our apartments and take a tour!
CRMC has the widest selection of student rental housing of any East Lansing student rental housing company! Options range from studio apartments for one; to large houses for big groups. Whether you want to be in the heart of downtown, in the Delta Triangle, up on Oakhill, or in the east side Bailey neighborhoods, CRMC has a variety of options to fit your location and budget needs.
CRMC prides itself on consistently re-investing in our properties. With updates to kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, windows, exterior roofs, three color exterior paint jobs, new sidewalks and driveways. New updates on kitchens include flat-top stove/range, built-in microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and garbage disposal. Make your new residence a CRMC property and experience all the comforts of home!
Customer service is #1 at CRMC! Our friendly, knowledgeable office staff is available to answer all of your questions. From helping you choose the perfect home to move-out transitions, we’re here to help! Browse properties on our website or stop by our office to learn more about the many options we have to offer. We are conveniently located on Grand River Avenue, across from Biggby Coffee and Crunchy’s Restaurant.
When you rent from CRMC you’ll discover how special you are to us! Our renewing residents receive benefits that save precious money and time. Some of the perks when renewing your lease or moving to another CRMC property are:
No application fees
No moving costs
Avoid utility reconnection fees
Potential to receive discounted rental rate when staying in a property that is scheduled for a rent increase
First option to stay in your current residence or choose another one of our properties before we open housing to the general public
All of these perks make your housing transition easy on you and your wallet! But, more importantly, you will love the continued quality service you have grown accustomed to from CRMC. We take care of our residents and our properties, so you can feel comfortable and enjoy peace of mind (…and your parents will too!)